Tomato and Mozzarella Tart Recipe
Recipe adapted from タルト 私のとっておき
1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
To saute the onion:
1 small onion, chopped
salt and pepper, to taste
For the toppings:
2 tomatoes, slice thinly
150g mozzarella, cut into pieces
5 or 6 pieces (or more) of basil leaves, cut into thin slices
Salt, pepper and olive oil
1) Melt the butter in a heated frying pan, saute the onion until it turns light brown colour. Add salt and pepper, do a few quick stirs. Dish out the onions and set aside.
2) Preheat the oven to 200 deg C.
3) Roll out puff pastry on a floured surface, then cut into a circle with diameter of 20cm. Bake in the oven for about 10 mins.
4) Remove the puff pastry from the oven, spread out the onions on top, but leave 2cm of allowance at the edge.
5) Arrange tomato slices and mozzarella on top of the onion. Add 2 or 3 spoonfuls of olive oil on the tomato and mozzarella mixture, follow by salt and pepper. Then spread the basils on top of the tart.
6) Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes, or until the puff pastry turns golden brown.
7) Remove from oven, cut into slices and serve.
* instead of cutting a round shape out of mine i just used the whole sheet.
*after baking for 30 mins i fgrilled it for a few minutes to give it a nicer brown colour since my microwave oven doesn’t get as hot as i want it to.
*since i didn’t have basil leaves i used 4 sage leaves and sprinkled some oregano on top as well.
recipe is from here if you want to see. =)
happy baking! =)